This course examines the principles of visual communication that will enable primarily verbal communicators to become more effective at expressing their ideas in a compelling visual format.
Developing visual awareness – how to learn to become more visual
- Visual design principles: visual focus, differentiation, pattern, contrast, simplicity, consistency, colour, typography
- Interactivity and motion graphics
- Integration of words as part of the image
- Applying the principles of visual design to scientific contexts
- Presentation of data and research results in visual forms
- Visual storytelling
- Information visualisation
- Use of photographic images
- Designing icons and graphic representations
For doctoral candidates and postdocs of all disciplines.
Course Language: English
Instructor: Dr. Mark Edwards
More information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
13.03.2023 - 14.03.2023