Application & Admission
The application and admission procedure is centrally organized by Freie Universität Berlin.
Fore more information on application deadlines etc., visit: Application and Admission.
Please also see the information on Transferring between Higher Education Institutions in Higher Semesters.
To be admitted to the M.A. program, applicants need to submit proof of the following:
- B.A. in Film Studies or equivalent university degree corresponding to the curriculum of the B.A. in Film Studies at Freie Universität Berlin.
- For graduates of foreign universities: advanced German language proficiency. For more information on the required documentation, see here.
The M.A. in Film Studies is a limited admission program.
When submitting your application, please note the following:
- Please understand that the equivalency check only takes place as part of the application process and cannot be done in advance. For your own orientation, please refer to the curriculum of the B.A. in Film Studies.
- Given the academic and theoretical orientation of the M.A. program, practical job experience is no criterion when it comes to selecting students for the program.
- You are not required to submit letters of motivation or exposés.
- If you have not yet completed your studies at the time of application, it is sufficient to submit a preliminary final grade, which must be confirmed by the examinations office of your university. Applicants should have completed at least two thirds of their studies.
For more information on the application and selection procedure, see the Admission Regulations for the M.A. in Film Studies.