Drama in the EFL Classroom
- In some of our classes for English didactics at the FU, we explore possibilities to use drama as a tool in modern language teaching and learning. For more information on drama in language teaching and learning see Sambanis, M. (2013): Fremdsprachenunterricht und Neurowissenschaften. Tübingen, Narr, chapter V.
- The presentation "Drama in Education", designed by three students of a MA seminar, provides reasons and techniques of drama use in the EFL classroom.
- The paper "Moving in Soundscapes", written by some students of a MA seminar examines how listening comprehension inspires mind and body, enhances creativity, and activates students.
- Together with a group of students, Professor Sambanis published an article on drama in the EFL classroom in SCENARIO, the bilingual Journal for Drama and Theatre in Second and Foreign Language Teaching. The article "DRAMA TO GO!" provides English language teachers with a creative compilation of drama activities based on theoretical reflections as well as findings from neuroscience, psychology, and drama pedagogy. As a sequel to "DRAMA TO GO!", we would like to present some more drama activities hereafter, designed as compact printables.
- Filmed interview with keynote speaker Michaela Sambanis, Scenario Forum International Conference 2014 on Perfomative Teaching, Learning and Research (University College Cork).
- Keynote speech by Michaela Sambanis on "Drama Activities in the Foreign Language Classroom and in Teacher Training" at the Scenario Forum International Conference 2014 (University College Cork).