2 Assistant Researcher (m/f/d) in ERC Advanced Grant "Material Constraints Enabling Human Cognition (MatCo)”
Freie Universitaet Berlin - Philosophy and Humanities Brain Language Laboratory Third-Party funded project MatCowith 65 % part-time employment
limited until 30.09.2025
Pay group: 13 TV-L FU
Reference Code: WiMi_MatCo 65_04-2023
The ERC Advanced Grant “Material Constraints Enabling Human Cognition (MatCo)” at the Freie Universität Berlin aims to build network models of the human brain that mimic neurocognitive processes involved in language, communication and cognition. A main strategy is to use neural network models constrained by neuroanatomical and neurophysiological features of the human brain in order to explain aspects of human cognition. To this end, neural network simulations are performed and evaluated in neurophysiological and neurometabolic experiments. This neurocomputational and experimental research targets novel explanations of human language and cognition on the basis of neurobiological principles.
More information about the project can be found here: www.fu-berlin.de/matco
- Simulation studies with neural network models of language and cognition
- Preparation, implementation and evaluation of neurocognitive experiments on language and cognition (ECoG, EEG, fMRI)
- Tractography analyses and use of their results for optimizing neural models
- Completed university degree (MA, MSc or equivalent) in a relevant field (e. g., linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine, informatics)
- Research experience with biologically constrained neural networks and with network simulations of cognitive processes
- Experience in empirical experimental language research
- Research experience in the fields of syntax, semantics or pragmatics
- Very good programming skills
- Good German skills
- Very good English skills (minimum level C1)
In case of further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Friedemann Pulvermüller firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents, indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) no later than 08/06/2023 to Prof. Dr. Friedemann Pulvermüller: email@example.com or postal to
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Philosophy and Humanities
Brain Language Laboratory
Third-Party funded project MatCo
Prof. Dr. Friedemann Pulvermüller
Habelschwerdter Allee 45
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.
Freie Universität Berlin is an equal opportunity employer.