Springe direkt zu Inhalt

I was asked to hand in a confirmation of the doctoral committee along with my re-registration forms (“Rückmeldeunterlagen”). How and where do I obtain this confirmation?

Write a request for an extension in which you specify the exact semester up to which you want to extend your research. There is no form for this. Please draft the request on your own letterhead and don’t forget your legally binding signature. Describe the progress of your dissertation and explain why you need an extension. Please send your request along with a statement from your supervisor to your contact person at the Prüfungsbüro. You will receive the approval of the doctoral committee, which you are to forward to the Students Records and Registration Office (“Studierendenverwaltung”), along with your re-registration papers.