The workshop aims at preparing doctoral candidates for the thesis defense by honing their presentation skills so as to effectively argue their points convincingly and think on one’s feet during the question and answers session.
It provides information about the formal procedure, the requirements, the social setting of a doctorate examination and the do’s and don’ts of a doctorate examination. In this workshop video recording will be used as a tool to enable the participants to capitalize on their strengths and to improve their performance. Particular emphasis is placed on preparing strategically one’s position in the lead up to the viva defense and dealing with the questions & answers session in the second part of the viva defense.
- Selecting a committee: what should be taken into account?
- The do’s and don’ts in oral doctorate examinations
- How to stay the ground during the Q&A?
- How to deal with stage fright?
- How to structure the preparation phase most effectively
More Information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
19.06.2023 - 20.06.2023
Online-Workshop via Zoom