The aim of this course is to familiarize participants with the strategies for designing and writing successful grant/fellowship applications to various funding bodies.
It consists of lecture-style sequences with active participation by the audience dealing with extracting the nature of a successful project from official call documents, developing a new idea for a research project into a first work plan, visualising the structure of the project, matching the project to what the reviewers will expect, formulation of objectives, innovative aspects and impact, and budget calculation. Additional information about funding programmes, reviewing processes and funding of academic career will deepen the insights in research project design and writing of grant proposals.
Requirements: bring a new idea or not so well-developed idea for a research project.
- Obtaining an overview over funding agencies and funding opportunities in different career phases
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of how an idea is developed into a complete grant application and how successful grant applications are written
- Understanding how to plan the details
- Understanding the reviewing process for grant applications
- Gaining practical experience in research project design and communication methods
More information here.
Zeit & Ort
05.06.2023 - 06.06.2023