The participants learn the basics of project management as it is commonly used in business and science - this course therefore represents a general introduction to this topic.
At the same time, the fo-cus of the course will be on the particularities that need to be taken into account when planning a doc-torate. The techniques covered will be practiced on the participants’ individual doctoral cases. As a re-sult, they create a plan for their (remaining) doctoral time and learn how to utilize it. Instead of present-ing golden rules, the advantages and disadvantages of different project management procedures will be explained. Participants are encouraged to contribute their own preferences and experiences and to vary the techniques presented.
- Content and goal planning as well as breaking it down
- Structure and overview planning incl. Gantt diagram and critical path method
- Agile techniques incl. Kanban and Scrum
- Analysis of environment, stakeholders and risks
- Stakeholder management, teamwork and leadership / being led
- The magic triangle of quality, time and costs
More Information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
17.05.2023 - 24.05.2023
17. and 24.05. (two-day workshop), in-person at Humboldt Graduate School