This workshop is designed to improve your writing skills within the academic field.
On the first day (Tuesday), we want to disentangle and discuss the steps of the writing process. You will be equipped with both a broad variety of helpful techniques and a set of criteria for an English academic writing style which leaves room for individual choices. The second part (Thursday or Friday) is reserved for individual consultations: Here, we will check how the newly acquired knowledge can best be applied in your texts, but you can also ask questions about your writing in general.
- The steps of the writing process
- Ways to develop a structure (e.g. storyboards, Toulmin Model, paragraphing)
- Text production and revision techniques
- The English academic writing style (e.g. general criteria, close reading, reader orientation)
- Helpful dictionaries and databases
- Individual consultations (Thursday & Friday): feedback to your text and possibility to ask questions
More Information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
10.05.2023 | 09:00 - 16:30
In-Person Workshop at Humboldt Graduate School; individual consultations via Zoom