This seminar is about mastering a convincing presentation in scientific and non-scientific contexts and getting to the heart of one's own core messages.
Participants learn how to capture the interest of their audience and hold their attention. The focus is on active exercises in body language, vocal expression and personality. The participants learn to integrate breath, voice effect and non-verbal language as supporting elements for a strong performance. Based on this, a quick-witted handling of critical questions can be trained. Individual feedback makes one's own potential visible, strengthens one's self-image in appearance and thus the sovereign effect in the outside world.
- Presenting with confidence - what does that actually mean?
- Supporting the intention of the performance through linguistic clarity
- Creating and maintaining audience interest
- Using breath, body language and voice consciously
- A coherent self-presentation
- Input in short presentations
- Individual and small group exercises
- Individual feedback
- Collegial exchange
For doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
If there are free spots, we also allow postdocs to participate.
Course Language: English
Instructor: Julie Stearns
More information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
03.05.2023 | 09:00 - 16:00