This seminar supports participants in learning how to adequately prepare their own successful applications for scholarships, travel grants and research funding (both in Germany and beyond).
On the first day of the workshop, participants are helped to identify suitable funding sources, to understand what evaluators are looking for when assessing an application, to think strategically about the formal and informal contacts that the applicant might entertain with the funding body in question and, finally, to prepare the structure underpinning the actual writing of their application. On the second day of the workshop, participants meet the trainer through a series of one-to-one meetings. Within this context, they have the opportunity to discuss their specific situation, eventual challenges they are facing and possible ways forward to prepare successful applications through a dedicated tailor-made approach.
- Identifying the most suitable funding bodies.
- Understanding what evaluators are looking for in an application.
- Keeping in touch with the funding body (do’s and don’ts).
- Exploring how to enhance one’s own image to “stick out from the rest”.
- Structuring the writing of the funding application itself.
For doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
If there are free spots, we also allow postdocs to participate.
Course Language: English
Instructor: Dr. Matteo Garavoglia
More information and registration here.
Zeit & Ort
26.04.2023 - 27.04.2023