1. Team meeting
The meeting between the doctoral student and all members of the supervisor team is a mandatory part of the extension process. It is essential that all supervisors are present at the team meeting to ensure that a common agreement is reached on how to proceed and on possible conceptual reorientations. It should take place either at the end of the winter semester (by March 30 at the latest) or at the end of the summer semester (by September 30 at the latest). The doctoral candidates should arrange an appointment for the team meeting with their supervisors, which can also be held virtually (Webex, Adobe Connect, etc.). Our office is happy to offer advice and support. If no appointment can be made for everyone involved, please contact the office in due time.
The meeting should clarify the following aspects:
- progress status of the dissertation
- coordination regarding the dissertation’s content, method, and theoretical approach; identification of discrepancies (if applicable).
- agreement regarding the work schedule for the following months (including conference visits, involvement in teaching events, visits abroad for study or research, planned publications, use of course offerings at DRS, etc.)
- if necessary: identifying problems and a mutual search for solutions & recommendations to the office / the Graduate School’s board or director
For the renewal application after two years also:
- Agreements on the deadline for submission
- Proposals for the composition of the committee
- Initial thoughts on the phase after submission of the thesis (funding, internships, etc., if applicable: professional development after completion of the doctoral studies, publication of the thesis)