Call for Applications 2021
For 2021, the Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School of Literary Studies (FSGS) and the Cluster of Excellence 2020 "Temporal Communities: Doing Literature in a Global Perspective" (EXC TC) offer the following positions and grants:
- up to 3 project scholarships at the FSGS for the duration of 9 months
- up to 5 PhD positions for the duration of 3 to 4 years for graduate students working on their PhD-thesis at the FSGS
- (subject to approval of funds) 2 DAAD grants for international students of German literature and culture for the duration of 3 to 4 years
- 5 positions as research associate (E13 TV-L FU, 50%, 3 years) at the EXC TC/ FSGS as a member of the following projects:
- „Arts of Memory“ (PI: Prof. Dr. Anita Traninger) | EXC TC DOC RA1_AoMem2021
- „Visual Translations – Material Transformations“ (PI: Prof. Dr. Karin Gludovatz) | EXC TC DOC RA2_VisÜber2021
- „Imperial Fictions“ (PI: Prof. Dr. Andrew James Johnston) | EXC TC DOC RA3_ImpFic2021
- „Dialog von Zeit zu Zeit. Übersetzung und literarische Mehrsprachigkeit“ (PI: Prof. Dr. Cornelia Ortlieb) | EXC TC DOC RA4_ÜbLitMspr2021
- „Studying Academic Discussions on the Art of Poetry in Late Renaissance Florence“ (PI: Prof. Dr. Ulrike Schneider) | EXC TC DOC RA4_AcadDisc2021
- 1 position as research associate (E13 TV-L FU, 50%, 3 years) at the EXC TC/ FSGS or GSNAS in the context of one of the Research Areas 1-4 („individual project") | EXC TC DOC RA0_2021
The detailed and legally binding calls for application can be found on the website for Job Offers at Freie Universität Berlin (14 September 2020).
Applications must be submitted via the application platform of the Dahlem Research School. Applications submitted via mail, e-mail or in any other form will not be accepted. The application platform opens by mid-September 2020.
The application deadline ends on 15 November 2020 at 23:59 CET.
Information for applicants
After reviewing the applications received, you will receive response in case your application cannot be considered for formal reasons. All formally approved applications will go through an internal review process. The selection committee uses two internal votes to select applicants who will be invited to the selection interviews.
During the interviews, each applicant has 5-10 minutes to give a verbal presentation of their project, followed by a 10-15-minute discussion. The prospective supervisors selected in the application are invited to this interview. You do not have to bring your application documents with you. Shortly after the selection interviews you will receive an acceptance or rejection.