English didactics is the science of teaching and learning of the English language, literature, and culture.
The research of foreign language didactics has two aims: it provides practice guiding theoretical concepts and at the same time applies itself to the empiric research of contexts concerning teaching and learning language. Being an important link between the scientific education at the university and the occupational field school, it is therefore a component of the Bachelor with Teaching Option and the Master of Education.
Click here to get to the German homepage of the discipline English Didactics.
Focal points of research:
- early foreign language learning
- bilingual teaching and learning/CLIL
- linking of language, emotion, and action
- text book analysis
- cross-age learning settings
- theatrical methods in literature teaching
- English language teaching according to individual needs (promotion of highly gifted, dyslexia, ADHD) of students