Prae- & Postdoc Stelle: WiMi PhoNet 10/2019
Full-time (Postdoc) and 50% Part-time (Praedoc) Fixed-term (2 years)
Salary Scale 13 TV-L FU
ID: WiMi PhoNet 10/2019
Application deadline: 05/14/2019 or until position is filled
Two fixed-term positions are available in a new collaborative-international research project addressing the neurobiological foundation of speech sound processing. The project is jointly funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and the Agence Nationale de la Recherche. The positions will be situated at the Brain Language Laboratory of the Freie Universität Berlin (head: Prof. Friedemann Pulvermüller) working in collaboration with the Laboratoire de la Parole et Langage at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in Aix-en-Provence (head: Dr. Kristof Strijkers).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Research on the biological basis of language and communication with neuro- and psycholinguistic methods using neuroimaging procedures (TMS, EEG/MEG, ECoG, fMRI)
- Praedoc: Planning, conducting, evaluating and publishing neuroscientific experiments on the processing of speech sounds in a communicative context
- Postdoc: Planning, conducting, evaluating and publishing neuroscientific experiments on the processing of phonemes
- Application for the part-time (praedoc) position: Completed university education (Magister or Master) in a relevant field (linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine)
- Application for the full-time (postdoc) position: PhD in a relevant field
Applications including relevant documents need to state the ID number above and must be sent as a PDF (preferably in one file) by e-mail to the following address(Prof. Dr. Friedemann Pulvermüller): firstname.lastname@example.org or by surface mail to:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Philosophie und Geisteswissenschaften
Institut für Deutsche und Niederländische Philologie
Herrn Prof. Dr. Friedemann Pulvermüller
Habelschwerdter Allee 45
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant agree that your data will be electronically processed and stored.
Please note that in the case of unprotected electronic transmission of your application the Freie Universität Berlin can give no guarantee for the security of transmitted personal data.