Springe direkt zu Inhalt

1. Which language skills are required? Which language certificates are accepted?

The GRK 2638 was specifically designed to foster a bilingual research environment. German and English will be treated as equal languages for the purposes of academic exchange.

Thus, all applicants must be able to understand both English and German at least passively at an academic level. In addition, they must also be able to actively participate in the discussions of the GRK 2638 in one of the two languages.

All certificates that prove that the applicant speaks German at a level of at least B1 will be accepted. This includes certificates issued directly by a university and qualifications obtained at German-speaking schools. A study visit to Germany is sufficient if it included an examination.

COVID-19: If the pandemic situation does not allow you to complete your examination soon, please outline in your application when you think you will be able to submit the language certificate.