Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Doctoral Programme

The International Research Training Group "Interart Studies" offers an interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme based on its main research areas (see Research Programme).

The courses are held in German and English. Accordingly, good German and English language skills are compulsory (German: level B2 according to the CEF [Common European Framework], English: TOEFL [Paper 500 or Computer 170 or Internet 80]).

The normal duration of the Doctoral Programme amounts to six semesters. The work effort during the three years amounts to 180 credit points (1 credit point equates 30 work hours). 80 per cent of the time is reserved for independent work on the dissertation, the remaining 20 per cent are scheduled for the participation in the study programme.

Please find the regulations for the Doctoral Programme here.


Each doctoral student is supervised by a team of professors of Freie Universität Berlin who participate in the Doctoral Programme. The second supervisor may belong to Copenhagen Doctoral School. Upon prior agreement, the team of supervisors may also be supplemented by a third professor from an external university.


Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft