Florian Evers, M.A.
Florian Evers was born in Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein on July 21, 1981. After high school (Abitur), he studied Film and Theatre Studies at Freie Universität Berlin. During his studies, he worked as an undergraduate assistant in the Kulturen des Performativen special research project at the Freie Universität Berlin. From April 2007 to May 2010, he worked for Prof. Dr. Gertrud Koch in the Division of Film Studies and also taught seminars on film analysis and film theory as a student tutor. In May 2010, he earned a Master of Arts degree.He has worked as a freelance writer, screenwriter, and transmedia storyteller in Berlin. His book "Vexierbilder des Holocaust" focuses on the Holocaust as a theme in popular culture; it was published by LIT Verlag in June 2011. Most recently, he co-authored and co-designed TwinKomplex, a transmedia, alternate reality game produced by Ludic Philosophy GmbH.Since March 2013, he has worked as a research associate for the ERC project, The Aesthetics of Applied Theatre, in the Institute for Theatre Studies at Freie Universität Berlin. As part of subproject Corporate Theatre, he is working on a Ph.D. about "Assessment Centres as a Theatrical Device, under the supervision of Matthias Warstat.
- "Entgrenzte Spiele", Bachelor-Class (together with Gerke Schlickmann), Institut für Theaterwissenschaft, Freie Universität Berlin, WS 2017/18.
- "Serious Games - Das Symposium", Student Symposium (together with Kristin Flade), Institut für Theaterwissenschaft, Freie Universität Berlin, 2-6-2016.
- "Serious Games II", Bachelor-Class (together with Kristin Flade), Institut für Theaterwissenschaft, Freie Universität Berlin, WS 2015/16.
- "Serious Games I", Bachelor-Class (together with Kristin Flade), Institut für Theaterwissenschaft, Freie Universität Berlin, WS 2014/15.
- Evers, Florian: Theater der Selektion. Berlin: Theater der Zeit, 2018 (forthcoming).
- Evers, Florian, Warstat, Matthias, Flade, Kristin, Lempa, Fabian, Seuberling, Lilian, Eds.. Applied Theatre - Rahmen und Positionen. Berlin: Theater der Zeit, 2017.
- Evers, Florian; Lempa, Fabian: "Forced Participation - Seminarschauspiel in der Personalentwicklung", In: Warstat, Matthias; Evers, Florian; Flade, Kristin; et al (Eds.). Applied Theatre: Rahmen und Positionen, Berlin: Theater der Zeit, 2017.
- Evers, Florian: "Personalauswahlverfahren als intervenierendes Spiel", In: Warstat, Matthias; Heinicke, Julius; Kalu, Joy Kristin; Möbius, Janina; Siouzouli, Natascha. Theater als Intervention. Politiken ästhetischer Praxis. Berlin: Theater der Zeit 2015, S. 87-91.
- Evers, Florian: Vexierbilder des Holocaust. Berlin, Münster: LIT, 2011.
- “Work Hard Play Hard”, discussion with director Carmen Losmann during the conference “Politics of the Applied – Theatre and Art as Intervention”, Freie Universität Berlin, 31st January – 1st February 2014.
- “Vexierbilder des Holocaust”, guest lecture in the MA class “Performing History: Inszenierungen von Geschichte”, Freie Universität Berlin, 15th May 2014.
- “Assessment Centres as a Theatrical Device”, presentation at the IFTR/FIRT conference “Theatre & Stratification”, University of Warwick, GB, 28th July – 1st August 2014.
- "Forced Participation - Seminarschauspiel in der Personalentwicklung“, presentation (together with Fabian Lempa) at the 2nd Annual Conference of the ERC-Project The Aesthetics of Applied Theatre (Titel: "Playing Involuntarily – Shaping Subjectivity in a Theatrical Society"), Berlin, July 3rd to 4th 2015.
- Florian Evers, film studies, theatre studies, Berlin, Kulturen des Performativen, LIT Verlag, Ludic Philosophy GmbH, Matthias Warstat, Assessment Centre as a Theatrical Device