How to apply?
Applicants are asked to propose a research project that matches the thematic scope of the GRK. The application may be submitted in either English or German. It should outline your project’s theoretical approach, its interdisciplinary compatibility, and its feasibility. Postdoctoral applications should not only demonstrate the interdisciplinary compatibility of the project, but also its intrinsic interdisciplinary character.
You will need to provide the following:
- Evidence that you have obtained a degree in one of the disciplines included in the GRK. Applicants at the doctoral stage should submit their BA and MA certificates (or equivalents) and include the transcripts of records. Postdoctoral applicants should submit the beforementioned certificates plus their doctoral degree certificate (or equivalent).
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- A statement of motivation (maximum: 3 pages, 1.5 line spacing) that describes how you plan to contribute to the group and how your proposed project will fit into its research agenda and areas of investigation. Please indicate which of the principal investigators you would like to have as a supervisor.
- A thesis proposal with a project timetable (maximum: 10 pages, 1.5 line spacing), and a bibliography. The bibliography is not included as part of the 10-page limit.
- A reference from a university professor or lecturer that details your academic ability and potential. Due to confidentiality reasons, the reference needs to be uploaded by the referee in the application portal upon our request.
- Doctoral degree applicants should submit a sample of their work (maximum: 25 pages), such as a chapter of their MA thesis, a paper (published or forthcoming), or a work-in-progress chapter of their doctoral dissertation.
Postdoctoral applicants should submit a copy of their doctoral dissertation.
- Applicants from universities outside of Germany must provide proof of German language proficiency equivalent to at least DSH 1/TestDaF 3.
The documents need to be uploaded to the Dahlem Research School application portal. This application portal will be accessible immediately following the kick-off event which takes place on 15th March, 2021.