Study Abroad at the University of Cambridge
FSGS has an exchange agreement with the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages and Lingustics at the University of Cambridge.Would you like to spend time abroad at the University of Cambridge in the coming year? Then:
- Inform the office by January 31st
- Compile application documents that include the following and send the application to the office by email (one PDF file):
Letter of motivation (English)
Outline of your PhD project (German or English)
- Ask your first supervisor for a short vote on the stay abroad via email to the office
- Check with your insurance company whether you are insured during your stay in th UK
February/March: FSGS will inform you about your nomination.
March/April: The partner university contacts applicants. Your English skills will be assessed. Cambridge accpets the following certificates:
- IELTS 7.5 with 7.0 in each component
- TOEFL iBT 110 with 25 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English at grade A
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: at grade A/B.
Alternatively, you can take the English test offered by the University of Cambridge for exchange students, which consists of a written part (online) and a conversational part (by phone).
If you can provide a certificate or have successfully passed the English test, you will be asked to complete the “online application form”. Upload the following documents (English):
- letter of recommendation
- preliminary transcript
- learning agreement
- copy of passport
If you are interested in staying at the University of Cambridge, please contact the office. We are happy to provide you with experience reports from our internal collection.
Upon your return, please submit a report to the office. It can be as simple as a collection of bullet points that may be helpful to your successors. These notes will be collected and shared internally only.
Cambridge’s tentative academic schedule for the year 2024/25:
|2024-25||Michaelmas Term 2024||Tuesday 8 Ocober||Friday 6 December|
|Lent Term 2025||Tuedsday 21 January||Friday 21 March|
|Easter Term 2025||Tuesday 29 April||Friday 20 June|