Institutes & partners
Institutes and departments involved with FSGS
Departments and institutes at Freie Universität
The Graduate School is one of the structured dissertation programs at Freie Universität Berlin that are carried out under the roof of Dahlem Research School. The Graduate School includes the departments of Philosophy and Humanities, the institutes from the Department of History and Cultural Studies, as well as the central institutes for North American Studies and Latin American Studies who oversee dissertations in literary studies in these fields.
- Peter-Szondi-Institute of Comparative Literature
- Institute of German and Dutch Languages and Literatures
- Institute for English Language and Literature
- Institute for Institute for Romanic Languages and Literatures
- John F. Kennedy-Institute for North American Studies
- Institute of Philosophy
- Institute for Theater Studies
Cooperating institutes at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Since 2012, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin is co-applicant with and important cooperative partner of the Graduate School. Through this cooperation, several literary studies institutes not available at FU Berlin could be integrated, so that the Graduate School now covers the entire spectrum of literary studies. Professors at both universities work together closely in the fields central to literary studies research in Germany, and can offer young scholars optimal supervision in both theory and methodology.
- Institute for German Literature
- Department of English and American Studies
- The Institute for Asian and African Studies