The language centre (Sprachenzentrum) at the FU offers a variety of courses and these should be the students first choice. But they may also select a course offered by individual philological institutes or external institutions. If students want to do a course outside the Freie Universität, then we urgently recommend to clarify with Prof. Allal from the language in advance whether the course in question will be recognized for this master program.
- Courses at the institute of English philology for MA students (on C1-level)
- Courses at the institutes of Romance languages, in particular those in lesser known languages, such as Galician, Catalan and Basque.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail to the respective tutor:
- "Latin for Romance philologists" (only available in the winter term)
- Courses at the institute of Dutch philology
3. Courses at the Humboldt Universität Berlin
4. Courses at the TU Berlin (Please note that the courses at the "Sprach- und Kulturbörse" cannot be recognized)
Registration procedure for language courses: