Regarding the proof of German language skills applicants need to distinguish between application and registration.
The skills required are higher for regular registration than for application.
- TestDaF on TDN 4 or higher in all parts of the exam (at least 4 x TDN 4)
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung des Goethe-Instituts (ZOP)
- Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS)
- Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)
- Sprachdiplom II der KMK mit C 1 in allen Prüfungsteilen
- Feststellungsprüfung des Studienkollegs
- C 2-Zertifikat des Goethe-Instituts
Applicants who cannot provide proof of DSH-2 German language competence or higher at the time of application will be invited by the FU to take the DSH exam. Students who pass the exam on DSH-1 level will be provisionally immatriculated and will have to pass the DSH-2 exam by the end of the second semester or else they cannot continue their studies Please see the DSH information of the FU Language Centre. For exemption from the DSH requirement please see the DSH-FAQs.
There is no distinction between application and registration. Proof of the required skills has to be submitted at the time of application.