Central contact for all participants of the Erasmus program is the central ERASMUS-office (International student mobility). There you will find all important information and forms.
The information given here is only a brief summary. Please note that some of the linked websites are only available in German.
- 31 January for applications for the following winter term
Students are advised to consult the Erasmus-pages of their institute about the partner universities and the application procedure. The standard application documents comprise:
- Printout of the completed online application form available on the Erasmus portal:
The new online form for the application procedure 2017/18 will not be available before 23rd January 2017!
- Current certificate of enrolment
- Transcript of all courses completed to date including records of achievement and marks
- Curriculum Vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of language competence (Language Centre) depending on the course language at the guest university
- Letter of recommendation of a lecturer
In addition the regulations of the respective institute apply.
Please note that students can apply for Erasmus-funded studies abroad (one or two terms) once per study cylce (BA and/or MA).
- After selection by the institute and acceptance by the student, the Erasmus coordinator informs the partner university about the nomination.
The following criteria will be considered in the selection process:
- Quality of the motivation letter
- Record of study achievements
- Commitment and involvement in the departmental life
- Language competence
- The partner university will send all relevant information directly to the selected students.
- Prior to 1st July the students will have to submit the Erasmus+ data sheet, the current certificate of enrolment and other documents if applicable to the central ERASMUS office.
- The students prepare their Learning Agreement, in cooperation with the responsible Erasmus projektleader for the guest university. He/she will know who is responible for acknowledging your planned courses abroad. If at this point in time the final course catalogue of the partner university is not yet available, the students need to be guided by the courses offered in previous semesters and the learning agreement will have provisional character. It may be corrected within the first 4 weeks of the study period abroad with the required entries of changes on page 4 of learning agreement.
- The students will need to submit the fully completed learning agreement as well as further documents to the central ERASMUS office before beginning their studies abroad.
- Subsequently, the ERASMUS office informs the students by e-mail about what to do to obtain the mobility grant.
During the stay and after return
- The responsible Erasmus coordinator for the partner university (usually mentioned on the list of partner universities of the institute):
• Partner universities of the Institute for German and Dutch Philology
• Partner universities of the Institute of Romance Philology
• Erasmus Coordinator of the Institute for English Philology
• Erasmus pages of other departments
- Central Erasmus office at the Freie Universität:
International Student Mobility - Welcome Services
Frau Stefanie Erthner
Iltisstr. 4 (U-Bahnhof Dahlem Dorf)
Telefon: +49 (0)30 838-73401
Tuesday 9:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 17:00
Thursday 14:00 to 17:00